[Stoves] Water heating fuel efficiency formula

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 29 13:41:32 CDT 2013

I need the formula or spread sheet, for fuel efficiency, for heating water,
considering the moisture content of wood,  and using red oak as fuel. Not a
water boiling test with simmering,  just a water heating test.

I have searched and there is a lot of discussion about water boiling test
but I can't find the actual formula or spreadsheet.

I once knew how to do it using BTU and pounds but I need to get metric!

Pardon my stove blather but I am doing a lot of sitting around lately until
my leg heals.

Lanny