[Stoves] gas wick, first try

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:02:32 CDT 2014

Hi Jock and all;

I don't have any copper pipe around to make a gas wick, but I did find a
small steel disk, so I decided to muck around with that instead, by
drilling it full of holes.

The objective was to get rid of the tall conical shape of the syngas fire
in a ND-TLUD and reduce soot.  I was successful at that when I cut back the
primary air, but the disk may interfere with combustion if place onto a
strong gas fire (if it is running a bit rich).

I have attached a pdf of photographs.

To say that playing with fire is in our genes is probably an
understatement, because I understand that fire was domesticated by Homo
erectus.

Cheers,
Julien.