[Stoves] Paal Wendelbo - Thank You

Nolbert Muhumuza muhumuza at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 14:07:49 CDT 2014

Dear Vetle,

Am sad to read of Paal's passing away. Though i never got to meet him in
person, Paul Anderson always said many nice things about Paal Wendelbo. His
efforts with TLUD gasifier stove is transforming cooking in developing
countries like Uganda where he introduced the Peko Pee in IDPs of Gulu. We
will carry forward his wonderful efforts.

My sincere condolences to your family!

Nolbert.

>  Dear Vetle  and all of the Wendlebo family,
>
> Knowing your father Paal was a true honor and pleasure.   A supreme
> gentleman.   He was an absolutely dedicated "Stover" and humanitarian.
> Rest assured that he will be remembered forever in the annal of cookstoves
> and micro-gasification.
>
> With condolences,
>
> Paul

> Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
> Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
> Website:  www.drtlud.com
>
> On 4/14/2014 7:38 AM, Vetle Wendelbo Cappelen wrote:
>
> Dear Paul, Dean, Crispin and all other stovers
>
> On behalf of my father Paal Wendelbo I wish to thank you for all the work
> done bringing focus to stoves and household energy in the development
> countries.
>
> For almost 30 years, Paal brought attention to health and environmental
> issues connected to cooking and household energy for development countries.
> Paal found other people, later friends, with similar ideas and thoughts in
> this stove community. Despite arguments about stove design, function, and
> whom had the better stove. No doubt he was a pioneer, teacher but also he
> was a student.
>
> The world have knowledge the problem Paal raised already in the mid 80's.
> His simple Peko Pe stove invited people think new. He was also a pioneer of
> TLUD stoves.
>
> Paal Wendelbo past silently away 13.04.2014 with his family precent.
>
> Best regards
> Vetle Wendelbo Cappelen with family
> --
> Vetle.w.cappelen at biomass-stove.no