[Stoves] [Ethos] ETHOS Discussion aboutdecentalized stove efforts

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 10 13:17:56 CST 2014

Dear all,

Although addressed to me, the message from Paal Wendelbo merits comments
from many.

And while in Africa now, my time is very limited for comments. But I
hope we have some consensus or synthesis by the time some of us are at
ETHOS and can discuss this face to face.

I do like Crispin's comments about some middle-ground.

To Paal, perhaps this is a good time for you to prepare some info about
your Uganda project in the 1990s.  NOT about the Peko Pe stove, but
about the project/ processes / methods you used to get 5000 stoves made.
    Aspects of interest include:

1.  how you organized or promoted to the tinsmiths to make the PP stove.

2.  What production problems did you need to confront?   and how you
solved those problems?  (not about stove design).

3.  Any issues of materials supply?

4.  Were the stove makers cooperative or competitive?

And many more insights.    Loose and general thoughts are fine. Please
send to all, and I and others might be assisting when we see your
content better.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com