[Stoves] [biochar-policy] World Population and Daily Income

JJ Claire pugoclaire at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 18:09:34 CDT 2014

Kevin,Tom, Ronal and all,
I live part of the year on a small island in The Philippine Islands.  On that island, about half of the people eat and live hand to mouth.  Many do not know what they will be eating tomorrow.  A great many live in nipa huts and on land that is squatted.  I dare not let my chickens run around or they will not come back at dusk.  I have found that even for low paying jobs, there are many willing to work just for something to put with their rice.  I am retired military, retired VA, retired on SS and my wife also gets SS, so we do very well on that island.  We have many come to us for help and many loans will never be repaid.  We have learned to try to help in a small way and keep on moving.  My wife and I are both medical missionaries.  We just returned from the mission field and we plan to return in early January.  On our island, a few dollars a day is one heck of a wage.  We hire people and at noon they are already asking for their pay
 so their wives can go to the market and get ulum, or something to go with their rice.   Many workers try to stretch the days of work out as long as possible.  Work is slow, and many try to work with hand tools and avoid power tools as they need the days work and power tools are counter productive.
JJ++