[Stoves] [biochar-policy] World Population and Daily Income CORRECTION

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sun Jul 13 19:07:46 CDT 2014

My apologies for an error in my previous posting... I wrongly posted the name "Cecil Clarke", when it should have been "Cecil E. Cook, Jr."

Following is a corrective note that much better describes Cecil's inputs:

" Dear KevinJust for the record (and thanks for recognising his work which is little recognized outside the World Bank and GIZ) it is Cecil E Cook Jr. He is an American who studied at Antioch College and Harvard.
Also for the record he has been a significant force in bring to stove development and acceptability evaluation the same sort of realism that the industrial designer‎s brought.
In the latter category are Biolite, Arivi, Oorja, Parasafe, Philips fan stove, Bosch vegetable oil stove and others of course.
While barnstormers and garage mechanics sometime create entirely new inventions the majority of successes are the result of the work of people who are literally working in the relevant field. For pretty obvious reasons.

I didn't see the video and am unlikely to but I can tell from the tone of the responses it is unlikely to impact stove development or implementation.

Regards
Crispin "