[Stoves] binder for char briquettes

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Thu Jul 17 16:34:24 CDT 2014

Best greetings from Germany!

Just reading your posting, I had an idea, coming from plant/tree-treating.
Did you already think to try some preparation based on neem, or diluted neem-oil,  to keep off the different "interested animals" from the briquettes or pellets?
I do not know, how neem-products react when burnt. Would that be a problem? I think you would know about that, because the neem-trees are growing in India; and I cannot imagine there were never neem-tree-branches burnt. Negative things of that would be known.
When I looked in German by big G.: Neem in different preparations is told to ban a lot of different insects, as well ants  and cockroaches.

- Could a certain "neem-flavouring" be an interesting idea for your sugar-bound briquettes ??

- Pressed neem-cake, the rest of neem-oil-winning, could possibly be some additive to your briquettes ??

Kind Regards
Martin

----------------------
Dear Stovers,
we use starch paste as binder while making char briquettes. The paste
is made by dissolving starch in boiling water. These briquettes have
to be dried for about 4 days before they can be sold. In the case of
biomass briquettes, the lignin in the biomass acts as a binder because
it melts when pressure is applied to the biomass. There is no need to
dry these briquettes after they have been made. Can you suggest a
binder having similar properties for making char briquettes? Sugar
melts at about 100 C, and India produces a lot of it, but briquettes
contaning sugar would attract ants and cockroaches.
Yours
A.D.Karve
--
***