[Stoves] Cuber and size of densifying machines. (no longer Re: The wood and char and fuel "debate" )

Crispin Pembert-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Fri Mar 7 15:00:44 CST 2014

As I read the booklet at the time, there was no attempt at all to sterilise
anything. They used the 'dung water' as it was.

The same approach is taken with smearing dung over mud walls to protect them
from rain. Also all floors in traditional structures in Swaziland (and
elsewhere I assume) have the same covering. It involves taking fresh dung,
mixing in some mud and plastering by hand over the floor and up the walls.
When dry it doesn't smell of anything.

The dung water-clay mix undergoes a chemical reaction I presume involves
acid which is known to harden clay.

There is a commercial clay process during which hard clay is softened with
one additive (which makes it really soft), then mixed with ingredients for
various purposes, then hardened with (I think very dilute hydrochloric
acid).

The type of clay matters a lot but the guys found it in Uganda where the
pamphlet was written.

++++++

Crispin.
What about  the bacteria resident in same petrie dish of concentrate ??
Richard