[Stoves] Looking for stove designþ

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Mar 13 20:59:40 CDT 2014

My impression from visiting and friends who live there is that the place is really productive. Zambia imported something like 1000 of the 3800 white Zimbabwean farmers in one go and went from a food deficit country to an exporter in one year. The reason is that the best farmers in the world are those 3800. So it is more knowing how to farm than what to farm.

Perhaps you are aware that no tillage farming in Zimbabwe was widely practiced because the spoils are so friable and easily damaged. There are few farmers in the world that can take proper care of 5000 acres and 2000 staff, security, education, supplies and marketing. Mozambique brought in about 500 in one go. Very successful. Nigeria tried with a few hundred. Not sure how that worked out. I think a lot were from South Africa.

So the reports you sent look terrible but the reality is different. Is skill the difference?

Western farmers in Canada make a pretty go of it on some pretty lousy land.

Thoughts?
Crispin

BB10 Rocks!