[Stoves] Pellets in Uganda was Re: Cuber and size of densifying machines.

Otto Formo terra-matricula at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:06:16 CDT 2014

Dear Ron,
To light a proper Natural Draft Gasifier, you just need a proper starter.

Pellet diped into kerosine will do, or just simple woodshaveings.

The pellet in a Natural Draft gasfier "does not burn" as such, it just turns into (bio)char and only the gases burns about 5 to 10 cm above the biomass .
No need to ingnite the pellet and face the "problems " or challages as for a Rocket stove.

This "brand new" technolgy, known for centuries, compared to the open three stone fire - light from the top to avoid any hassard and hazzel, which will solve most issues conserning smoke and toxic emissions.

Just remember, the more dry and dense fuel, the better......................

Otto