[Stoves] Three products from the Chinese Stove Expo

Crispin Pembert-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Fri May 2 11:22:25 CDT 2014

I can confirm that we encouraged the producer (represented by Fay) to submit
one as a water boiler because it may be efficient enough to qualify. I was
there with Simon Bell and we suggested she do that. She was not aware of the
opportunity. When I looked at the gasifiers I thought of you, of course.
They said they burn wood as well as pellets and demonstrated with wood.

I heard this submission was done before the deadline for submissions. It was
the Right Hand One. Whether it is a 'real' Rocket stove or not I don't know
- no time to assess.

The Rocket Works stove is not actually a Rocket Stove though it is a
side-fed biomass burning device. There is clearly some confusion over naming
things. Lots of stoves are side-fed.

Crispin,

Thank you for being "eyes and ears" at the China event.   Please send info
about any other items you see there.

The three stoves in your photos (and others) are available for sale from the
American company called Silverfire, based in Eugene, Oregon.   Owned and
operated by Todd Albi, who has significant credentials and experience with
cookstoves and getting them manufactured and to the markets.   Website with
info and prices is     www.silverfire.us <http://www.silverfire.us>

I suspect and hope  that either Silverfire or the Chinese manufacturer
submitted their stoves to the CSI Indonesia evaluations.  Can anyone
confirm that, and which models?