[Stoves] Guatemala meeting about tests and standards

Ranyee Chiang rchiang at cleancookstoves.org
Mon Nov 24 07:30:08 CST 2014

Dear all,
There is a general summary of the meeting available here, and how the outcomes of Guatemala fit with the overall progress:  http://www.cleancookstoves.org/blog/progress-report-october-2014.html.  The detailed summaries of each Working Group's discussion is only available to Working Group members, since there are many discussions and decisions that are in progress.  Please see this website for information about how to join the standards process:  http://www.cleancookstoves.org/our-work/standards-and-testing/guidelines-and-standards/
Regarding laboratory testing, I also would like to provide a clarification on some earlier responses to this thread.  Because the discussions are still ongoing, please be aware that specific decisions have not been finalized.  We do have general agreement about the approach that we will take in working together.  There are no methods that have been rejected.  And there are no methods that have been accepted.  The general agreement is to work together and to take the best components of test methods and develop a robust framework and procedures for testing.  In fact, I encourage people to look at the vast commonalities that already exist among different groups.  There are far more similarities than there are differences.  We will also continue the discussion on how best to communicate results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Best regards,
Ranyee