[Stoves] cook stoves for Cameroon

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Sep 15 23:25:02 CDT 2014

Huck,

Crispin wrote:
> Thus 'gasifiers' are getting rated as if they do not consume fuel that
> is actually consumed.
Crispin's point is that wood that is turned into charcoal is no longer
wood.   THAT is true.    But there are two ways to state the
efficiency:    Fuel efficiency and Energy efficiency. Charcoal that is
created is no longer wood.   But it is a fuel made from wood that was
transformed.    And it typically represent 25% to 35% of the energy that
is in the dry weight of the wood.

You indicated that the area is reasonably wooded.   So it is not a case
of scarcity of wood.

If the created charcoal is put into the soil as biochar, then that
energy content is no longer available.

You as the project leader and with your personnel can make the decision
about how to read the numbers in the reports on stove efficiency (of
fuel or of energy).

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com