[Stoves] Corn cob burner for making salt

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 15:01:13 CDT 2015

>On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 12:01:45 +0200,Frans Peeters <peetersfrans at telenet.be> wrote:

>     SALT is hydroscopic due to  MgCl2 impurities .

Are these impurities in rock salt or added later.

The reason I ask is my wife bought a rock salt lamp, basically a lump
of salt hollowed out with a flex and bulb inside to give a translucent
effect.

On wet days (it's 20C with a 68% RH here) a pool of brine collects at
the base, this then evaporates leaving a film of salt crystals. I
assumed it was the NaCl that was hygroscopic.

AJH