[Stoves] Project Lake Atitlan

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 1 17:56:13 CST 2015

Dear Art,

I can clear up some of the confusion.

1.  Counting preparations, 5 weeks trip to Africa, and 2 weeks back, I
have been only peripherally active with some messages.   That partly
explains.

2.  Derick and I and a few were in very preliminary chats about some
biochar topic in Guatemala.   But there were elections going on, etc.
And the new government is not in power until mid January. And Derick and
I were not pushing.

3.  I must admit that I do not understand the Wiggio process.   I
thought that the biochar-stoves group was a new listserv.   And I have
received very few messages.   But it seems that the Wiggio process is to
set up some specialty discussions on topics of interest.   I have not
looked at any such messages, so I have not responded.   I am not wanting
to be subscribed to additional lists or groups that require me to go to
some site (other than my main email account) to see the messages.   So I
have not participated. And I do not wish to participate at that level.
I have as much as I can handle with the Stoves and Biochar and
Gasification Listservs, where I certainly am active.   I do not even
allow discussions via my    drtlud.com   website; people with comments
for Dr TLUD either write to those listservs or directly to me.

4.  My latest count of ongoing projects of gasifier stoves and/or
biochar in which I am directly active is eleven, in eleven countries.
One of those is Guatemala with Derick.   I will discuss those projects
with others via the listservs or as separate messages.

5.  My interest in biochar are about production and about use in growing
plants.   I am not involved with environmental remediations (such as
what is needed at Lago Amatitlan).   There are fashionable houses around
that lake, and those residents are not likely candidates for TLUD
cookstoves.   That is a realization today.   I will consider something
at Lake Atitlan where there are rural villages.   Or closer to Derick's
residence and bamboo farm/factory.

6.  I am now aware that the discussions of biochar-producing stoves is
on neither the Stoves Listserv nor on the Biochar Listserv.   I do not
find that to be favorable, but I can accept it.   I hope that
occasionally someone will give a short summary of those topics to the
two listservs, and I will see the messages there.   I look forward to
knowing of those activities.   Likewise, people who are only on the
biochar-stoves listserv need to remember that there is relevant content
at the Stoves and the Biochar listservs.   It is clear to all of us that
people with diverse interests need to be willing to cross-reference and
sometimes get duplicate messages.

I hope that explains my lack of communications (especially while on my
long trip.)

I look forward to reading about everyone's activities.

Note:   The next "gathering spot" for us with stoves and biochar
interests will be at ETHOS 2016 in Seattle, for which the notification
of registration and call for abstracts was posted yesterday.   I hope
everyone is getting that information.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com