[Stoves] Annular Crosscurrent Burner for ND-TLUD

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 23:02:27 CDT 2015

Hi Stovers;

The temperature measurements I made using 1/8 inch stainless steel probes
and a K-type, non-grounded thermocouple.  The datalogger was a four channel
Omega HH1384.

I have also tried a central distributor for secondary air using a pipe up
the middle of the TLUD (see attached).  There are a few reasons why I don't
like this method.

1) it compromises the integrity of the TLUD reactor, and can make it harder
to load fuel.
2) the secondary air supply does not self regulate its flow rate according
to pyrogas flame size as well as secondary air supplied by horizontal pipes
in the burner.
3) it could make the control mechanism for primary air more complicated.

Used on its own, the central distributor didn't supply enough secondary
air, so the gas flame produced smoke.  The supply of secondary air was much
better with a burner with peripheral air holes was used (the "PA").

Cheers,
Julien.

--
Julien Winter