[Stoves] Good enough stove?

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 20 18:10:22 CST 2015

Stovers,

Crispin raises some important questions.   And I add a couple.

1.  Please help me understand the units (grams or mg)  "per MJ
delivered".   MJ is megajoule, but is "delivered" referring to the heat
that enters the pot or the energy that comes from the fuel (and ?? with
or without allowance for the energy remaining in the char produced?).
Could this also become a sticky point of debate?

2.  Crispin asks:
> Which would you finance: a reduction in the energy drawn from the
> forest? Or a reduction in the energy released from the fuel consumed?
There is no single correct response.  Both should be calculated and
reported.   And the circumstances need to be understood.

The trouble is when only one way is reported, but it is not clear which
way that is.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com