[Stoves] forced draft (Re: A Karve 13 August)

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:11:51 CDT 2016

Neil:

Thank you. I learned a little about biochar from a "stover" friend, guru
from decades ago - Stephen Joseph - back in 2008 but then lost track. I am
glad to read from you that there are consumer products now that you
consider "So versatile".

It is a gross error to ignore versatility and flexibility, and buy into the
USEPA propaganda of Water Boiling Tests. GACC could be a Faustian Bargain.
Except perhaps to those who pay the Clinton Foundation to play at the gala
performances of WJC and HRC.

I wonder if WHO Is fooling EPA - that its IAQ guideline is to be taken as
Moses' Fifteenth Commandment (all others can be ignored, just like WHO's
OAQ guideline is) - of EPA is fooling WHO - that its ratings based on a
silly test protocol for emission rates and area modeling will somehow
translate into mass acceptance and reduction in premature mortality. (There
will always be premature mortality; the GBD people will find something else
to blame it on, for example boredom with academia.)

Versatile. Durable. What a breath of fresh air, compared to the
intellectual smoke of Washington, DC.

If we are to continue this "cobenefits" paradigm - the pretension of saving
trees, lives, and climate - we might as well add in the co-benefits of
biochar, and assign value to customer satisfaction. The customer is
sovereign, not the expert class engaged in mutual back-scratching.

Nikhil

---------
(India +91) 909 995 2080