[Stoves] Electric cooker with no low simmering ?

Frans Peeters peetersfrans at telenet.be
Tue Jul 5 16:23:05 CDT 2016

Dear,

      Tell your GREAT AUNT ,:this days we have 95% phase regulated TRIACS
called DIMMER  as " preset regulator little box " for any electric cooker .
For 800 watt a 10 amp is OK but  40Amp is also  to realize if needed .
With one triac  10A 400V on cooler ,a diac , 4 diodes 1N1005 ,one capacitor
0,1uF and a potentiometer 500K ohm
So you can simmer like  you regulate a radio its volume .for 5-10
$components ; Better than any stove !

Regards
Frans
 El.  Steam cooker .

-----

If you burn paraffin with a blue flame in a chimneyed stove then you have a
clean cooking stove with a turn down ratio superior to this day to gas or
electric hobs as my Great Aunt taught me when she moved into a bungalow with
electricity, but retained her 'oil stove' for its low simmering heat she
could not achieve with her new electric cooker.  I've used them myself -
they are excellent stoves, and the most controllable of any.