[Stoves] DIY camping TLUD with walnut shell fuel

Mangolazi mangolazi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 11:06:08 CDT 2016

Thanks everyone for the tips. I think I'll try reducing primary air and I'll add a small flame disc or fan, like on kgharris' designs. If I use a riser, wouldn't that make the flame under the pot cooler, thus reducing heat transfer?

I've attached a drawing of my current camping tin can TLUD. It looks like it creates a pilot flame at the secondary inlets, similar to a kgharris drawing I've seen somewhere. I get a star-shaped flame pattern from above, individual tubes of flame flowing inward from the secondary inlets and joining up to create a large diffusion flame in the center.