[Stoves] [biochar] biochar production model

Stephen Joseph joey.stephen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 06:43:42 CDT 2016

Hi Paul

What is the lifetime of the stove.  We have found in Vietnam that you dont
get much more than a year if you use continually and you are in humid
conditions for part of the year.

 Large scale biochar reactors dont need to cost so much if you are not
trying to generate electricity.   A well designed plant can produce 3000
tonnes biochar/yr  if it runs 8000 hours per year and cost
$US1,000,000-$1,500,000 installed.

You need to do a full Cost benefit analysis and compare the relative costs
and benefits over a 10 year period.  If people are interested we did a
number of case studies in of the Lehmann Joseph edited biochar book.

Regards
Stephen