[Stoves] "Vom Pyrolysekocher zur terra preta" Workshop 11-12.06. --> Clay TLUDs

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Fri May 6 06:39:54 CDT 2016

Dear Julien,
 about half a century ago, the gas produced during petroleum refining was
just burned in situ because it was considered to be a waste byproduct of
the process. In the decade of 1950, we started getting bottled LPG, which
was supplied only to cities. But with improving Indian economy, the
consumption of petroleum has also increased, with the result that LPG is
available in much larger quantities. We now see advertisements in TV shows,
urging villagers to switch over to LPG. The government is also laying
pipelines in the cities for supplying natural gas to households. This new
development is sure to harm the development and marketing of biomass
burning stoves.
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)