[Stoves] [biochar] Biochar Production and Cook Stove Events in Oregon During August of 2016

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Mon May 9 14:37:01 CDT 2016

Thank you, Paul,

   Thank you very much for sending this information about the "eleven
days in August" (Aug 15 - 25, 2016) that will be dedicated to all things
related to char-making CookStoves and Biochar, and that will happen in
Oregon, USA.

  I am passing this message along to the members of our
*Biochar-Ontario* discussion group, our /*Board of Directors*/ and
members of the *Canada "East-meets-West" team*** which is also planning
on heading over to Oregon to attend the USBI 2016 event in August.

CC also: biocharstoves at wiggiomail

** '*Team Canada Biochar*' == Biochar *Ontario* + *Alberta* Biochar
Initiative (ABI team: AirTerra Inc., AIBS, Lakeland College, Novagreen,
IRT + AITF etc.) + BC Biochar [interim] (team includes: PRSI, BC
Biocarbon Ltd., BC GP Technological Roadmap Committee) etc.

P.S. This year if I attend CHAB Camp (as a speaker?, if possible) I
would really like to focus on the [value- added uses for] biochar
(practical applications that can be acheived within communities) ~ as
well as the (slightly larger) Institutional / Community-scale systems
... more than the [very small] 'individual cookstove-scale' systems.

Regards,

   Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
   Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
   www.biochar-consulting.ca
   System Leader and Sector Expert for the "Climate Smart" Platform
   & Project Development Director, Energime University
   http://energimeuniversity.org/
   A member of The Energime Family of Companies
   "Education, training, knowledge and empowerment for responsible environmental management and resource sustainability."
   Not-for-profit Tax Exempt Status: 501(3C) DLN 17053330310044
   lloydhelferty at energime.com
   48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
   905-707-8754
   CELL: 647-886-8754
   Skype: lloyd.helferty
--
   Earth Stewardship consultant, Passive Remediation Systems Ltd. (PRSI)
   http://www.prsi.ca/
--
   Promotions Manager, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network (CSAYN)
    * LEAVE NO ONE BEHIND *
   http://csayouthnetwork.wordpress.com
   http://www.fao.org/climate-smart-agriculture
   https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=6756248
--
   Co-manager, Sustainable Agriculture Group
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Sustainable-Agriculture-3866458
--
   Steering Committee coordinator, Canadian Biochar Initiative (CBI)
   www.biochar.ca
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1404717
--
   Chair, Community Sustainability (CoSWoG), A working group of Science for Peace
   President, Co-founder & CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."
  -John Wooden