[Stoves] Off-topic: Pictures and perceptions - GACC at Imperial Hotel, New Delhi

doseifert doseifert at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 1 02:48:22 CDT 2016

Dear Anil, Thank you for your compliment. Solar Cookers International promotes "integrated cooking " and I fully agree. An answer to my questions is the often heard "they have no alternative". But this is not true. Please see my article about "Traditional Charcoal in Africa - A Continent in Danger" and also the there proposed ARTIS-Institutes. Kind regards. Dieter

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Nariphaltan <nariphaltan at gmail.com> Datum: 01.11.16  17:04  (GMT+09:30) An: Discussion of biomass cooking stoves <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org> Betreff: Re: [Stoves] Off-topic: Pictures and perceptions - GACC at Imperial Hotel, New Delhi
Dear Dieter,
You are one of the few who practise what they preach. May your tribe increase! I worked on solar stoves way back in 1970s when I was a graduate student in University of Florida. We developed a solar oven to run at night using stored heated vegetable oil. It worked nicely for sometime- but failed because of chemical degradation of oil. We tried different atmospheres in the storage system but were unsuccessful.
I still believe that if we get a good system of oil storage then solar cooking can become viable. I have always felt that 80-100 MW solar CPC systems with heated oil to 400 degrees Celsius might be a good candidate for large scale usage for cooking. The heated oil can be circulated to houses and cooking can be done. It will be same ac electric cooking.
There are whole hordes of reason why poor cook in huts - part is to hide their poverty and ward off the evil eye! I am sure lots of people have done research on this subject.
All the best.
Anil

Anil K Rajvanshi
Sent from my iPad