[Stoves] Resources/Help for basic stoves presentation

Tony Vovers vovers1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:06:11 CDT 2016

Please forgive me but I am awash in too much information.

As part of a longer course I will be running a small stove workshop and
training for a group of 30+ persons.
During 2 halfday sessions we plan to give a basic overview on biomass
cookstoves stoves and key parameters and construct a rocket type stove for
a local sugar production project.
Information to be passed in story boards and discussion at the worksite.

I am a bit swamped in too much info and was hoping that maybe there was
some basic presentation resources that could help me summarize the key
topics.

Resources I am looking at now:
http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/ (home of this list server)
http://cleancookstoves.org/
Approvecho.org
rocketstoves.org

Basically looking at
what is happening in the fire.
Concepts - primary air, secondary, draft, emissions and factors affecting
health and safety.
Use and need for insulation.
Biochar production
Impact of fuel both type and condition.
Differnt stove designs
Impact of pot and pot shroud
Physical and Social aspects affecting stove design and use.
Stove testing and resources

My problem is not to get hold of information as there is a huge and
detailed amount of info at the above resources.

We plan to have a commercially produced TLUD Tier 4 stove onsite as a test
example and to demonstrate some of the concepts.

Would appreciate a nudge in the direction of some simple presentation
material.

Tony Vovers