[Stoves] Off-topic: Pictures and perceptions - GACC at Imperial Hotel, New Delhi

nari phaltan nariphaltan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:15:47 CDT 2016

Thanks Jock for the response. I think the most important thing to be given
to rural poor is good wholesome food. Whether they cook at home or eat in
cheap restaurants the main thing is for them to get good nutrition. Once
that happens then they become better, active and intelligent humans who can
take decisions on what is good for them.

The malnutrition that exists in rural poor all over the world is extremely
detrimental to the well being of mankind. A whole generation of mentally
challenged people are being produced with ramifications in every sphere. I
am not saying that most well fed people behave in saintly fashion but their
behaviour is because of their choice rather than being condemned as happens
with rural poor.

So I feel that all of us who are in the stove community should also focus
on the bigger picture of producing and providing wholesome food for rural
poor.

I would urge you to please read my article on this subject.
www.nariphaltan.org/ruralrestaurants.pdf

Cheers.

Anil K Rajvanshi

Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI)
Tambmal, Phaltan-Lonand Road
P.O.Box 44
Phaltan-415523, Maharashtra, India
Ph:91-2166-220945/222842