[Stoves] Accidental TLUD technique discovery

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Nov 15 23:17:27 CST 2016

Dear Neil

When I was in Scouts we always made the main fires in the manner described.
I didn't see another method used so it must have been around for a while.

The oldest methods described for lighting a smokeless fire also describe a
top lit fire. This was a quasi-military thing as cooking without smoke was
important. It is in the books on "Indian" fire building methods going back
yonks.

I was not aware that everyone as not aware this is how to do it.