[Stoves] Upside down fire. (not a stove per say) Re: Desktop research topic for someone....Re: Accidental TLUD technique discovery

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 16 16:56:15 CST 2016

Dear all,

That is a very informative link.   Thank you Inglore!!

1.  I like the name "upside down fire".   Descriptive and not
confusing.  Not trying to slip in the gasification terminlogy of TLUD.
It is not intened to be a "gasifier."

2.  The postings seem to begin in 2009.  So this is not very
"historical" and the writer had some earlier experience.

3.  I have tried such a fire in my home's fireplace, and I liked it.
BUT this blog taught me some things:

A. *_Stack the large wood TIGHTLY. _* Try to NOT let the embers fall to
the bottom.
B.  Also comments about crinkling the paper and about getting the whole
fire started.

4.  For our STOVES Listserv, there is no mention of trying to do cooking
or trying to assist impoverished people.   Nevertheless, this is still
useful information and is appropriate for these discussions.

Repeating my earlier message, Anyone,

Please do some searching about what Crispin describes below.   And
please share with the Stoves Listserv.

I hope that someone decides to really get into the topic of "upside down
fires".

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com