[Stoves] New kind of Sawdust stove

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 24 20:01:00 CDT 2016

Crispin,      (with apologies to everyone else.)

Come on Crispin, get off it.  You are just causing confusion regarding
the estabilished terminology!!!   It is easy to mis-use words and
descriptive acronyms, but you of all people should know better about
what TLUD signifies.   Do not put yourself down with such silly talk!!

Besides, in your next message (addressed to Andrew and the Listserv),
YOU wrote:
> It looks and acts like a TLUD but has zero air coming from below.
How can you imply that "zero air coming from below" is somehow an "up
draft"?   And then to call it a TLUD?

You are a friend and very talented, but get real.  Please stop confusing
the terminology that is getting accepted and understood.

There can be up draft stoves and top lit stoves.   But the acronym
"TLUD" is something quite specific, and the migratory pyrolytic front
(MPF) is its very distinctive characteristic.  If MPF is not clearly
evident, a stove should not be called a TLUD.

Enough.   I hope there is silence about this subject.  But do go ahead
and talk about the new kind of Sawdust stove.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com