[Stoves] New kind of Sawdust stove

Ronald Hongsermeier rwhongser at web.de
Tue Oct 25 02:14:42 CDT 2016

Paul,

I publicly apologize _here_ because you're making the big deal about it,
while Crispin is actually trying to keep a clear taxonomy, which, due to
your predilection for _geography_ is kind of like the difference between
rocky or sandy or grassy coastlines.

It is quite clearly a TLUD.

Primary air comes down the pipe connecting the handle to the top, which
acts as a holder for the mechanical forcing of the migrating flame
front. My apology has to do with my initial understanding/confusion as
to the placement of the secondary air holes, which I thought were being
fed by the central tube, allowing airflow into the part of the migrating
part below its "lid". However, in actual fact the secondary air comes
from holes in the outer container, which also acts as a chimney with all
gas flow ending at the top, which clearly makes it an up draught.

I agree with Crispin, (with apologies to everyone but you on this point)
that it doesn't matter where the primary air comes from and agree with
you that the migratory front is (kind of) part of the general
definition, but only for those stoves in actuality that are not robust
enough in terms of fuel variability to go beyond simple batch loading.
If you put fuel in the top, it's "TL" that's why Crispin is asking for
the "pyrolytic" variable in the taxonomy.

regards,

Ronald von gesternwarfönbayern