[Stoves] Burning homes, children, and spewing smokes from stoves (Was Biochar Proposal - Lloyd Helferty)

nari phaltan nariphaltan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 21:02:25 CDT 2016

Nikhil,

I have always wondered whether smoke is the biggest culprit or the CO? Our
anecdotal data from working with the rural women is that they suffer a lot
from headaches. This could be a combination of stress and huge amounts of
CO from chulha. We still do not know how the slow CO poisining may affect
children and women. Incidentally ethanol stoves produce a huge amount of CO
and so they are not as clean as they are touted to be.

This article might throw some light on it.
http://nariphaltan.org/pranayam.pdf which was also published in Huffington
Post.
http://www.huffingtonpost.in/dr-anil-k-rajvanshi/how-pranayam-benefits-the-brain/

Cheers.

Anil

Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI)
Tambmal, Phaltan-Lonand Road
P.O.Box 44
Phaltan-415523, Maharashtra, India
Ph:91-2166-220945/222842