[Stoves] New Handbook for Biomass Cookstove Research, Design, and Development

Philip Lloyd plloyd at mweb.co.za
Thu Aug 24 16:54:35 CDT 2017

From: Stoves [mailto:stoves-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org] On Behalf Of
Paul Anderson
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:31 PM
To: Vahid Jahangiri; Xavier Brandao; 'Discussion of biomass cooking stoves'
Cc: npenumetcha at cleancookstoves.org; ndesai at alum.mit.edu;
rchiang at cleancookstoves.org
Subject: Re: [Stoves] New Handbook for Biomass Cookstove Research, Design,
and Development

Xavier wrote:

How can it [Handbook from MIT D-Lab] not even mention the state-of-the-art
topics that were discussed at length on this [Stopves] List?

Response:
We try to believe that this Stoves Listserv is actually looked-at, read,
studied, or understood by the community of stove developers and stove
project operators.  I suspect that it is largely ignored.

Whether discussing stove types or projects or administration or fuels or WBT
or whatever, the "status quo" and "what I learned (when I actually studied
the topics)" are strongly entrenched.

Solution(s):
[Please fill in this blank space.]
Get those MIT boffins out of the lab and into the real world

Philip Lloyd (MIT School for Advanced Study, 1962-5)

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com