[Stoves] China and cookstoves [Was Re: A user-centered, iterative engineering approach for advanced biomass cookstove design and development]

Philip Lloyd plloyd at mweb.co.za
Sun Dec 3 05:23:46 CST 2017

“Capital cost of the stove is a minor issue; the question is whether the users like and use the stove.” A community I studied carefully had a monthly household income of <$100 yet strove to buy a smokey cast iron coal-fired stove costing ~$400.  It met all their needs – including a higher social status merely because they possessed such a stove.

Prof Philip Lloyd

Energy Institute, CPUT

PO Box 1906

Bellville 7535