[Stoves] Declaration about Woodgas

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 09:55:51 CST 2017

Paul:

I suggest you keep a list of who signs.

It may help to set a deadline and then offer to supplement it with a
declaration to junk the WBT past and future, and call for funds to support
design innovations and test marketing.

Awaiting more messages you promised. Only today I heard of some scheme for
subsidies - my sole  personal interest in these discussions. I think it is
time to demand that instead of subsidizing professors for "health benefits"
research - which are dead-end alleys just to keep propaganda alive; ants
can't really tell where they are moving to - and TC-285 distraction, and
direct subsidies to people who design and market usable stoves.

>From what I have learnt of procurement rules of public bureaucracies in EU,
UK, US and multilateral organizations, subsidy design demands some
confidence in results promised, ideally subject to direct measurement.
Nothing in the EPA/WHO output - least of all, the UKAid project with GACC
on "Evidence Base", originally scheduled to end this month - suggests that
subsidies can be built around a tree protected, a life saved, a disease
avoided, a flood prevented, or a woman free of fear of sexual violence.
These are all balloons to rationalize grants for irrelevant research.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831
*Skype: nikhildesai888*