[Stoves] Second article on clean cooking forum

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 09:31:42 CST 2017

Crispin:

It is not the fuel that is inherently safe or unsafe, but the whole fuel
cycle including the equipment and operator practices.

I went to an ethanol refinery (sugarcane based) in Malawi to look into
Gelfuel economics. Unlike Malawi, ethanol as cooking fuel is not tested in
India, the delivery chains cannot possibly compete with LPG for the
household market. LPG subsidies have proven to be effective means of
scaling up.

Nikhil

On Nov 4, 2017, at 11:20 AM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <