[Stoves] Fuel cylinder temp experiment needed (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD (was Re: No subsidies in TLUD char peoduction

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 09:08:41 CST 2017

On 9 December 2017 at 14:11, Paul Anderson <psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> Julien,
>
> Truly excellent observations about Bangladesh efforts.
>
> Adding this thought:  Thinking of a standard TLUD with metal fuel chamber,
> has anyone measured the temperature of the outside wall of that fuel chamber
> as the pyrolytic front moves to it, is at it, and then past that point of
> measurement?

The emissivity of common dull materials is similar so most of the
infra red thermometers assume 95% but the cheaper ones like mine only
measure up to 200C.

Steel workers have wax crayons that change colours at known
temperatures so one could draw vertical lines down the  reactor
cylinder.

I used to use my kids' wax crayons in this way to show the progress of
the front in my 4" flue tube experiments.

Andrew