[Stoves] Fuel cylinder temp experiment needed (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD (was Re: No subsidies in TLUD char peoduction

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Dec 9 08:11:44 CST 2017

Julien,

Truly excellent observations about Bangladesh efforts.

Adding this thought:  Thinking of a standard TLUD with metal fuel
chamber, has anyone measured the temperature of the outside wall of that
fuel chamber as the pyrolytic front moves to it, is at it, and then past
that point of measurement?

This could be done even with a single wall TLUD (no outer cylinder) or
with a large hole in the outer cylinder so that an infrared thermal
sensor could read the temperature on the wall of the fuel chamber.
[But the chamber wall should not be shiny reflective metal because that
messes up the infrared readings --- so use some high-temp-resistant paint.)

Who will do this first and then report the results?   (please do not
wait for me or others to do it.)

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com