[Stoves] Coffee waste and briquettes

James Robinson jamesrobinson77 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 14:59:35 CST 2017

Dear List,

Greetings from a rainy and power outage ridden Malawi. I'm after a quick
overview of using coffee waste to make briquettes if anyone has the
knowledge please. I'm just finishing up some work in Timor-Leste and there's
a lot of coffee waste which could be put to good use. So what is a typical
mix of briquette feedstock if coffee husks are involved (approx. 7cm dia.
extruded) and what are the limitations of using this material? (The waste
stream is heavily seasonal and market dynamics lean towards an urban
briquette market. There is very little charcoal used)

Regards

James Robinson

Zomba, Malawi

Cell (Malawi): +265993032902