[Stoves] Top lit updraft combustors

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 09:33:26 CST 2017

 Andrew:

I didn't mean participation in the list, which of course is voluntary.
Rather, the GACC choice to align itself with the WBT and and ARC's choice
to issue "ISO certificates".

They may have had EPA's tacit approval or active encouragement. Reasons are
not hard to gauge, but we won't know until EPA speaks to it. Or there is an
audit.

Unlike the US standards for new residential wood heating stoves, there is
no legal authority behind the use of WBT - or any protocol - or these "ISO
certificates".

Those who choose to follow GACC or contract with ARC ought to demand
justification, if they so wished.

Otherwise, these are all private choices.

Nikhil