[Stoves] Differences in stove testing ---- was Re: ETHOS 2017 agenda and logistics

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat Feb 4 10:07:55 CST 2017

Dear Ron

“When you report John saying “the testing protocols are now with some adjustments for char-producing and for ash-producing stoves”, this means that the efficiency number that Crispin prefers (zero credit for charcoal production; do not use the “denominator equation”) is there as well as the one that you and I prefer - which gives partial credit to char production - via this same “denominator equation”).”

I think you should be very clear about what you want:

You want to increase the cooking efficiency metric number by deducting the energy content of the recovered char energy, is that correct?

This deduction raises the reported fuel efficiency.

Are you OK with that as the result?

Thanks for clarifying