[Stoves] Differences in stove testing ---- was Re: ETHOS 2017 agenda and logistics

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Feb 4 14:49:34 CST 2017

Crispin,

I have added numbers to your four lines:

> 1. I think you should be very clear about what you want:
>
> 2. You want to increase the cooking efficiency metric number by
> deducting the energy content of the recovered char energy, is that
> correct?
>
> 3. This deduction raises the reported fuel efficiency.
>
> 4. Are you OK with that as the result?
In line 2 you mention ENERGY.    In line 3 you switch to FUEL.

Therefore, relating to line 4, I am not okay with that result.   And I
repeat to you your line 1:
> 1. I think you should be very clear about what you want:
When you switch your terminology, we are not on the same page.   Ron and
I are talking about ENERGY efficiency.   And we recognize that energy
numbers and fuel values are not the same.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com