[Stoves] Advocacy action: ask the GACC to stop promoting the WBT

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 07:00:32 CST 2017

Dear Nikhil,

 1. I didn't want to spend time delving in the past to see who did what,
    how much the GACC promoted the WBT. The GACC was among the parties
    who was, I believe, pushing for an agreement at the IWA meeting. In
    the agreement, the writers wrote the sentence: "the WBT is not the
    only valid protocol". I don't know who said the WBT was valid in the
    first place. It has never been reviewed, as far as I know. But we
    were given this agreement to agree upon. I think the GACC has most
    often communicated about the WBT than other protocols, but that
    would be understandable, the WBT is quite convenient to use, and
    quite easy to learn. It was one of the main protocols, with the CCT
    and KPT, that was taught to the Regional Testing and Knowledge
    Centers (RTKC), an initiative of the GACC. But testers usually don't
    do so many CCTs, it is too costly, too many efforts to organize and
    it takes too much time. I believe it was mostly the VITA WBT, but I
    believe the GACC promoted also other protocols.
 2. I think the GACC was supporting the updating of the WBT:

 1. I don't know, but I don't believe so. I think the Aprovecho
    equipment was often the only suggested option, I don't know of other
    suppliers of testing equipment. Maybe the Setar?

Another
As I said, what is the past is the past.