[Stoves] Sun Buckets: off topic news, introduction

Stanley Richard rstanley at mind.net
Wed Jan 4 12:54:39 CST 2017

Dear David,

Every once in a while, somewone comes online with a ground-breaking innovaiton . You to my mind are owed a sincere thanks for introducing us to just that; Sun Buckets. (http://www.sunbuckets.com)

Well beyond solar cookers, the sun bucket represents  a serious potential addition to the renewable energy stoves biofuels mix in a wide range of environments.
Question is , can be replicated cost effectively and at least in part  locally reproduced in an equitable fashion to the originators and the local adaptors globally.

At minimum it can be a good compliment to what each of us are tying to accomplish —if approached in the above manner.
The more short sighted of us can and will also screw it up by grabbing the idea and running with it as their own —with no interaction with the originators but in the long run
they lose the benefit of free exchange  of ideas and support such as this list  offers.

Hopefully we have evolved beyond that to realise the opportunity it presents as a shared effort making sure that everyone involved gets fair compensation ( in kind , in cash
or just market recognition or ???)

We are exploring just such a working relationship with them now and will revert

Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org