[Stoves] Sun Buckets: off topic news, introduction

Stephen Joseph joey.stephen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:28:33 CST 2017

Paul

We worked on solar/biomass heat storage stoves about 25 years ago.  You
must protect the heat storage medium from the flame.  We were using
evacuated tube collectors that raised superheated steam that circulated
through the heat storage medium.  Worked really well but was very expensive.

The ideal system is to use heat pipes to take the heat from the flame zone
and store in the phase change material.  Although this adds to the cost it
means you phase change material will have a long lifetime.

Regards
Stephen