[Stoves] Steam cooking (Re: Frans)

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Thu Jan 26 22:33:22 CST 2017

Ron

That may very well be true. But that means there is no way to determine the best stove for a location from a list. At least no affordable way. So sales are based on the Old Boys (and Gals) Club. And also; There is no real research going on that could take these small stoves to a new level. With new research equipment and new ideas I think not exploring this would be sad. : (     Unless we are thinking these small biomass stoves will become obsolete in the near future (PV cells and electric cooktops) I suggest we are obligated to continue to research for cleaner and better stoves.

Regards

Frank

> On Jan 26, 2017, at 8:13 PM, rongretlarson at comcast.net wrote:
>
> List,  cc Nikhil
>
>     I submit this is both a first for this list and a best explanation of Nikhil's stove outlook:
>
> "Another reason the good old performance metrics of fuel consumption and emission rates need to be junked. What matters is how the stoves are used in practice, not what some fanatics come up with in labs. "
>
>      Who agrees with Nikhil?   I'll report (possibly tomorrow) from ETHOS on the views there of the "lab fanatics"
>
> Ron

Thanks

Frank
Frank Shields