[Stoves] Solar for peace (Re: Dieter)

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 03:45:57 CST 2017

Dieter:

I for one am thoroughly ignorant of many things and don't know that a
humane future requires low resource consumption and low emissions. I just
watch the dramas.

Nor am I sure of if claims about solar thermal v. PV will hold up ten years
from now. With wide-spread grid expansion and rooftop or backyard PV, PV is
already competitive with daytime peak grid costs in many places (though as
usual the rich are subsidized in Washington, DC or Germany).

Solar dire ct thermal is useful for larger-scale cooking, I already noted.

I like your ideas about peace through solar energy. Someone just discovered
a 1984 draft of my magnum opus "Atoms for Peace, Atoms for War, Atoms for
Profit" in Princeton library. I should now do a Solar for Peace, Solar for
War, Solar for Profit. (Didn't solar PV originate in the space program, and
wasn't there some literature on using solar energy for warfare? Even going
back to the Greeks? I am suffering from premature senility, it seems).

Nikhil

Message: 26