[Stoves] Reproducibility of intellectual collaboration and renewability of brains (re: Cecil)

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 03:42:51 CST 2017

Cecil:

Except for you and Crispin, it does not matter how the credits for
intellectual collaboration are shared. As a beneficiary of other such
experiences, I can appreciate the joys and benefits of intellectual
collaboration leading to unexpected breakthroughs in insight.

Combustion science is but one of the issues in design and operation of
thermal systems - cookstoves to power plants.

While many examples can be found of cross-disciplinary innovations and
cross-cultural communications, it is well-near impossible to plan such
ventures with very specific goals. Getting the right people is much more
than getting the right mix of degrees.

Indeed, it is the multi-credentialed potpourri that gave us GBD, WHO IAQG,
GACC EBCC project, now this EHP Implementation Science blather. Throwing a
jumble of 20 or 2000 authors can produce small advance  and sometimes not
even that. IPCC is a sterling example. There are many cottage industries
with high indoor air pollution that has now also polluted the outdoors,
GACC creating its own "brown cloud".

You ask "stop messing around." Why? When messing around has been a lifelong
career (myself included)?

Saving forests and averting premature mortality may take decades; in the
meantime, we are treating children's brains as renewable, disposable
biomass.

We need liberation theology. To throw off the Vatican of Washington.

Nikhil

Message: 14