[Stoves] Working to reduce emissions from wood burning appliances in the UK

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Wed Jul 26 16:51:46 CDT 2017

>> It includes emission regulations for PM2.5 and PM10.

>I missed that, what figures did they give?

It gave only that info, not the metrics or targets. ‎Whatever they are, the logic behind them will be feeble. They might be based on the Austrian targets. They seem to be ahead of everyone else on the legal side.

Interestingly they have an approved computer programme that ‎you can use to calculate the system draft. If your design of fireplace or mass heater meets the target, you can build that design even if it is unique and untested.

It is causing quite a stir in the masonry heater community which is attempting to write an equivalent programme that is open source.