[Stoves] Working to reduce emissions from wood burning appliances in the UK

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 22:23:06 CDT 2017

Crispin:

An "open source" software program? Parametrized on open source data?

What an idea.

Why don't you ask WHO to release the details of why a certain mcg/MJd PM2.5
emission rate is supposed to have a certain rating? To go from an hourly
average PM2.5 emission rate to daily concentrations is a Herculean task in
itself, more to go further to ALL PM2.5 exposures (because the supposed
morbidity response is to all PM2.5 exposures; the lung doesn't know how to
inhale only the household fuel PM2.5), all the way to morbidity that can be
identified and measured. (DALYs are not measurable. For that matter, MJd
are not measurable either on a continuing field use basis. What is WHO
smoking?)

None of this would come to pass under USEPA even if it had jurisdiction
over cookstoves and any competence in cooking. People who know anything
have been challenging EPA during the rulemaking periods for decades, or in
courts afterwards.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831