[Stoves] solar cooker response (changing thread name)

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:46:26 CDT 2017

Andrew:

Solar PV is high capital cost for induction cooking. However, with rapid
grid extension and new micro-grids on the investment agenda for SE4All, the
incremental capital cost or electricity cost are low enough to put it in
the reach of a few tens of millions of people within the next ten years.

May I suggest that "the sort of people we normally think would benefit from
improved stoves" was all messed up thinking?

When you focus on the most difficult and least understood market segment
because doing so a) makes you feel morally proud, and b) wins you grants,
is it any surprise that you fail?

The trouble lies in our confusions and mindless theories of whose problem
is what.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(India +91) 909 995 2080